Site Access and Use License
Army Emergency Relief may change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time.
- Limitations on Copying and Distribution. You may download or copy downloadable items displayed on the Site for personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you maintain all copyright, trademark and other notices contained therein.
- Non-Solicitation. You may not post or transmit through the Site any material which contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or Uses.
- Limitations on Reverse Engineering and Modification. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or create works derivative of the Site or any materials accessed through the Site,
- Proprietary Notices. You may not remove any proprietary notices (e.g., copyright and trademark notices) or labels from the Site or on any materials accessed through the Site.
- Compliance with Applicable Law. You are solely responsible for ensuring your use of the Site is in compliance with all applicable foreign, federal, state and local laws, and rules and regulations.
3. USER OBLIGATIONS. By downloading, accessing, or using the Site in order to view information and materials or submit Material (as defined below) of any kind, you represent that You: (i) are at least 18, or between the ages of 13 and 17 and using the Site with parental or legal guardian consent and supervision; (ii) are registered to the extent required, and have not been previously restricted, suspended or terminated by AER; and (iii) are not using another authorized user’s account without his/her permission.
- Anything that interferes with or disrupts the Site or its operation;
- Materials that are vulgar, obscene, indecent, profane, or otherwise objectionable or offensive, defamatory, libelous, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing;
- Unauthorized copyrighted materials, or any other material that infringes on the intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or personality, trade secrets, confidentiality, or privacy of others;
- Materials that encourage criminal conduct or that would give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or regulation in any jurisdiction;
- Materials that harm minors;
- Materials that impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, or that misrepresent your affiliation with any entity;
- Files that contain malicious code, viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer, network, or the Site.
6. LINKS TO OTHER SITES. Army Emergency Relief may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other sites on the World Wide Web. AER is not responsible for the availability of these outside resources or their contents. AER expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, materials, accuracy of information and/or the quality of the products or Uses provided by, available through, or advertised on these third-party sites, or the products or Uses provided by any third party.
7. LINKS TO THIS SITE. You may link to this Site provided that You do so in a way that indicates that the link is to the www.AERHQ.org website and is fair and not misleading. You may not integrate or make use of all or part of this Site in ways that would confuse or mislead visitors as to the nature and origin of this Site’s content.
10. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND YOU ASSUME ALL RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS AVAILABLE,” “AS IS” BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AER AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ARMY EMERGENCY RELIEF DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT AER IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, or the limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so some of the above may not apply to you.
12. OTHER DISCLAIMERS.
The Site and the information contained herein is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- Information on the Site is provided with the understanding that Army Emergency Relief is not rendering professional advice or recommendations. You should not rely on any information on these pages to replace consultations with qualified professionals to meet your individual needs.
- This publication is distributed internationally.
13. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (“DMCA”) NOTICE. AER is committed to complying with copyright and related laws, and requires all users of the Site to comply with these laws. Accordingly, you may not store any material or content or use or disseminate any material or content though the Site in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by copyright law. Owners of copyrighted works who believe that their rights under copyright law have been infringed may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) to report alleged infringements. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of AER to terminate use privileges of any user who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to AER by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent.
If you feel that a posted message is objectionable or infringing, we encourage you to contact us immediately. Upon our receipt of a proper written notice of claimed infringement under the DMCA, we will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material claimed to be infringing and will follow all other relevant procedures specified in the DMCA with regard to the claimed infringement. The designated agent of AER (i.e., the proper party) to whom you should address such notice is listed below.
If you believe that your work has been copied and posted using the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our designated agent with a written communication containing the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right in the copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located to permit us to locate the material;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in your report is accurate and that you are the owner of the exclusive right in the copyright that is allegedly infringed or authorized to act on the owner's behalf.
Our designated agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
Contacting us and select the Donations category with the subject line DMCA
Headquarters, Army Emergency Relief
Attn: Deputy Directory
200 Stovall Street
Alexandria, VA 22332-0600
15. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Army Emergency Relief and its affiliates and its and their respective governors, directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, costs, liabilities, losses and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of your use of the Site.
17. TRADEMARK INFORMATION. The term “Army Emergency Relief”, “AER” and “Soldiers Helping Soldiers” are federally protected and registered marks. All other trademarks displayed on this site or through links to other sites are the property of the respective trademark owners.
Revised April 2016